What is going on in the Travel Nursing Industry?
Over the last 3 years, Travel Nursing has seen record highs in job orders, bill rates and overall demand. It’s been an amazing opportunity for both travel nurses and staffing companies.
For those of us who have been in the industry a long time, we’ve also seen the effects of a downturn in the economy, circa 2009, when everything was at an all-time low, particularly job orders and demand in our industry.
As of late, we’ve seen lots of posts and questions on social media, as well as engaged in many conversations around what’s going on in travel nursing these days.
So, great question, what is going on?! Relax, it’s okay!
Here is some insight:
- We are still seeing very strong demand in job orders, although not as high as 2016 levels, still thousands and thousands of jobs that all the travel companies cannot fill
- Consistent bill rates
- Job orders across all specialties and disciplines
- Hospitals not able to fill all their needs with permanent labor, which means they still need us
- When speaking to experts in the industry, everyone is still bullish on the market
- Nursing growth is still outpacing supply
It’s still a great time to be a Travel Nurse!
To maximize your opportunity in any market, here are some tips:
- Be flexible on location
- Be willing to get a new state license
- Travel for the experience, not just the money
- Work closely with your recruiter to make sure your profile is up to date and accurate
- Be flexible on start dates and time off needed during contract
- Open communication and transparency with your recruiter and company
If you are interested in travel nursing or just have some questions, please feel free to reach out to me or any recruiter here at PPR. Our job postings are current and can be found at www.pprtravelnursing.com.
We’ve been in business for over 21 years, and plan to be around a long time to serve both you and the travel nurse industry.
Holly Bass, President of PPR Travel Management Group