Travel nursing pay packages are broken down into several parts. Each factor should be reviewed and calculated before deciding on a travel assignment that is financially suitable for you. It is important to remember that the pay structure of a travel nurse is far more complex than permanent compensation packages.
The pay package for a travel nurse opportunity is likely to include:
- Hourly pay rates
- Housing or a housing stipend
- Per diem or meals and Incidentals
- Travel stipends
- Certification reimbursement
- License reimbursement
- Medical benefits
Creating a checklist is a great way to calculate and clarify everything you need as far as compensation. This will also navigate your conversation with your recruiter so they can better assist you with any questions or concerns you may have with your pay packages.
Your checklist should include:
- The amount of pay in which you need to earn
- The amount of pay in which you want to earn
- Desired benefits
- Desired locations
- Things you can be flexible on- shift, start, length, rate etc.
Ask about travel nursing benefits, pay and more by contacting your recruiter at PPR Travel Nursing or visiting www.pprtravelnursing.com.